Original Sins #5 comes out next week, and it features the conclusion of my Young Avengers story, a Nick Fury story by Al Ewing and - what’s this? A CHIP ZDARSKY ONE-SHOT??
…10 minutes well spent making a fake book jacket for PFT.
Back to my lunch.
(via Paul F. Tompkins)
Photo by Roman Cho
Thank you, Miss Laura.
TICKETS FOR VARIETOPIA with PAUL F. TOMPKINS ON AUGUST 23rd ARE STILL ON SALE…
Hey advertisers, there’s an old jazz saying: “When in doubt, lay out.” Sometimes you can just go with a picture and have any text be purely informational. Do you get what I’m saying? I’m saying this ad is dumb. “But thyme the food word sounds like time the time word!!” I know. I know. Ssssshhhh.
Now that Chris Pratt is finished with Guardians of the Galaxy, he can finally go back to that Andy Dwyer physique.
- Danny Mahoney: I got a million fuckin jokes. I got a fuckin book full o' jokes, I'll whip it out, I'll tell ya a joke. How does a Tyrannosaurus Rex pay his bills? No. Uh, how does a dinosaur pay his bills? Tyrannosaurus checks. That's a great fuckin joke! Ya understand me?
- Jason Mantzoukas: Wow.
- Scott Aukerman: Is the mess up in the middle of it part of it?
- Jason Mantzoukas: Yeah, you had to redo the set up.
- Danny Mahoney: What're ya talkin about?
- Jason Mantzoukas: Work on the set up.
- Danny Mahoney: What difference does it fuckin make?
- Jason Mantzoukas: Tell me the joke again.
- Danny Mahoney: How does a Tyrannosaurus Rex pay his bills? Wait. How does a dinosaur pay his bills? Tyrannosaurus checks. That's part of the set up! So people know it's coming! That's how a fuckin' joke works, asshole!
- Jason Mantzoukas: Okay, well, let's not even get into it.